LET’S 2014 Conference takes place in the city’s largest convention centre, made up of the Palazzo della Cultura e dei Congressi and the brand new Sala Maggiore (Address: Piazza della Costituzione 4/A, Bologna).
Located in one of Europe's most prominent trade fair districts, the Nuovo Polo Congressuale is a modular space, vast in size and world-class in scope, that seats a total of 11,000 people.
Palazzo della Cultura e dei Congressi
Built in 1975 by architect Melchiorre Bega, it offers a range of meeting rooms, each with the latest amenities and technology, hosting from 20 to 1,350 people.
The Europauditorium is a splendid example of a multi-functional container with a capacity of 530, 850 or 1,350 as required. Characterized by a well-equipped stage and by a perfect acoustics, it's a suitable location for quality musical entertainments too.
Palazzo della Cultura e dei Congressi is situated in Piazza della Costituzione 4/A, Bologna.
Modern and versatile, it is located in the building, which until last year housed the Bologna Modern Art Gallery.
It can host more than 1,000 people for congress activities or provide a 2,500 sqm space for exhibitions, cocktails and gala dinners. A meticulous restoration program improved its flexibility and versatility, creating large and flexible spaces.
Palazzo Re Enzo
Also called 'new palace' to differentiate it from the Podestà palace, King Enzo Palace was built between 1244-46 (at the same time than the palace of Podestà, or people's captain) as an extension of Municipal buildings. Just three years later it became the 'residence' of the King taken prisoner in the battle of Fossalta: King Enzo of Sardinia, son of Frederick II. In the upper of the three original stories the King was assigned a large room, where he spent his remaining twenty three years of life, until his death in1279. Several legends were born and reported in popular literature around the mythical figure of the prisoner King: as a ransom for his son, the father had seemingly offered the people of Bologna enough gold to encircle their town walls; also a story is told that the King had made an escape hidden inside a 'brenta' or cask, foiled by a woman who had cried out 'scappa, scappa!' - he 's running away - thus being rewarded by the town with the honour of using the surname of Scappi. On the ground floor the war equipment of the Commune were kept and stored, alongside the Carroccio. A covered staircase leads to the open gallery on the first storey, where the meetings of the people's councils were once held.
The Sala del Trecento, made by Antonio di Vincenzo in 1386, was subsequently used as municipal archives, while the upper storey underwent a thorough renovation in 1771 with G. G. Dotti. The restoration carried out 1905 by Alfonso Rubbiani was also quite relevant in the case of Re Enzo Palace as his purpose consisted in highlighting the Gothic outlook of the building to the detriment of later additions, as for instances the ones made by Dotti. According to retrieved traces and contemporary sources, he renovated the façade, had the crenellation rebuilt, together with the ground-floor arches and the 15th-century staircase. The passageway to the Chapel of S. Maria dei Carcerati where the people sentenced to death were led to pray opens on the right-hand side of the palace.
How to reach Palazzo Re Enzo.
Palazzo Re Enzo is situated in Piazza Maggiore, the heart of the city centre.